The executive presentations at conferences are great but I usually find I learn at least as much from my conversations with the attendees. I recently covered Kyocera’s Dealer Conference in Las Vegas for ENX Magazine and had the opportunity to chat with Jason Lieberman from DEC Office Solutions in West Haverstraw, NY about what he thinks it takes to succeed being an enterprise MFP dealer.
The short answer is that you can’t be a box salesman selling just on price anymore. You need to:
- Have the right support team, software, and infrastructure
- Fully understand your product before you walk in
- Differentiate your dealership
- Listen to your customers and understand what they’re saying
- Solve their business problems
- And back your promises up with service
Of course he says it much more eloquently than this. Read the full interview at ENX Magazine.